Could the pillow you sleep on each night be hazardous to your health?
Dangers of Pillow Pitfalls:
Flame Retardants – Polyurethane is a commonly utilized substance in foam pillows. The main challenge according to the ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING GROUP, is that PBDE’s (polybrominated-diphenyl-ethers) are emitted into the atmosphere.
Fungi – According to a study done in England in 2005, where multiple samples were taken from a variety of pillows, a source of FUNGI (Aspergillus Fumigates) was discovered. These fungi have been associated with worsening allergies, chronic sinusitis, asthma, as well as weakening of the immune system. Your typical pillow at home could be the perfect breeding ground for these fungi, which means you could be inhaling fungi every night while you sleep.
Drug Resistance – A new discovery of drug-resistant fungi caused by Aspergillus makes these pillow-loving fungi very difficult to eliminate.
Formaldehyde – Foam is commonly known to emit a formaldehyde gas which has been determined as a carcinogen for humans.
Down – Animal dander has been known for years as a contributor to allergies and ear, nose, throat, and lung challenges. It is also the perfect host for breeding grounds of fungi, bacteria, and dust mites.
Dr Larry C Ford, MD documented while employed at the UCLA Medical School in the 1980’s, “Silver can actually kill over 650 bacteria, fungi, parasites, molds, and fungi that have the potential to sprout diseases. While at the same time it was established that silver had no known side effects.”
– Huffington Post July 26, 2016
Go from SLEEP-LESS to REST-FULL with the Silverite™ Queen Bed Pillow
Silver-Infused Breakthrough Technology
Silverite™ embraces an age-old secret of maintaining a healthy sleep environment by using silver and supportive kapok filling in our products. This safe, innovative technology infuses silver into the cotton fabric to help protect us when we sleep:
- Silver is nature’s antimicrobial/antibacterial element
- For many years, silver has been used as a natural alternative to artificial chemicals
- Using silver provides us with safer and cleaner products that help us maintain a peace of mind while we sleep
Kapok Filling – Nature’s Cashmere
- One of the closest fibers to silk with the feel of cashmere
- Grown naturally in pods from the Ceiba tree and obtained through sustainable eco-friendly harvesting
- Plant-based, natural fiber is innately immune from pests, including dust mites, making the pillow naturally hypoallergenic
- Water resistant, which makes it naturally resistant to mold, mildew, and fungi
Natural Cotton Casing – Nature’s Purest Luxury
- Made with ONLY the finest high thread count cotton
- Using nature’s cotton lessens the toxic load on the body
- Feel the cool, comfortable luxury of natural cotton
Silver-infused, 100% cotton casing, and kapok filling. Firmness can be adjusted by adding or removing some of the kapok filling. A washable pillow case is included.
Fits Every-BODY, Every-TIME
- A secure zippered end creates an adjustable option, allowing the kapok filling to be inserted or removed based on your personal preference
- IMPORTANT: Remove or insert the kapok filling in an open-air area, due to its ability to float
Silverite™ Travel Pillow
Ergonomically designed for the perfect fit and support.
No matter how you travel – by car, train, bus or plane – you can now travel in comfort and make every trip cleaner and healthier!
CARE OF YOUR SILVERITE™ PRODUCTS
Your pillows will include a pillow case infused with silver. IMPORTANT: DO NOT TO WASH YOUR PILLOWS. The outer casing may be washed as desired. If you find your pillow needs plumping, place in a hot dryer on high for 15–20 minutes.
Firmness can be adjusted by adding or removing some of the kapok filling. IMPORTANT: DO NOT TO REMOVE OR FILL KAPOK INSIDE an enclosed area. Please take outside or in a garage-type setting. The kapok will float like “milk weed” due to its “nature’s cashmere” properties.